Thursday, June 20, 2013

Paleo Brownies (that actually taste good!!)



I have experimented with so many different paleo brownie recipes and I just haven't found "the one."  They are either too chewy, too dry, or too crumbly.  I decided to try making up my own recipe. These paleo brownies taste just like the traditional brownies that you would make from a box or from scratch.  No really- I promise!  Sometimes I feel like the pictures of some of the paleo recipes can be deceiving!  They looked really good in the picture... but when I made the recipe, they didn't quite make the cut.  I am really excited with how these turned out!

Paleo Brownies (that actually taste good!!)
2 eggs
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/8 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup water or almond milk/coconut milk
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
2/3 + 2 tbsp cup cocoa
2/3 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350
Mix eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, water (or almond milk/coconut milk) in a bowl with a hand mixer
Add coconut palm sugar, cocoa, almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the liquid mixture and stir with a spoon until lump free
Spray a small rectangular pan with olive oil spray
Bake for 13 minutes



2 comments:

I appreciate all of your lovely comments and will answer any questions you have!