Saturday, June 1, 2013

Grab and Go Breakfast Casserole

 My husband and I are both teachers so grab and go breakfasts are very important to us.  We will make a huge batch of my 3 Ingredient Protein Pancakes, or a week size portion of scrambled eggs and sausage.  We also love making this breakfast casserole. 

Grab and Go Breakfast Casserole
1/2 onion roughly chopped
1 yellow, green, or orange pepper roughly chopped
3 cloves of garlic
1 cup spinach
1 small package of sliced mushrooms
17 eggs
julianbakery paleo bread made with coconut flour
2 tsp salt and pepper
paprika
large baking dish (or metal throw-away dish)
Olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 400
Put onion, pepper, garlic, and spinach into a food processor 
Pulse until you reach the desired consistency (I usually pulse mine until minced)
Whisk 17 eggs with a splash of water (or almond milk/coconut milk)
Add 2 tsp salt and pepper to eggs
Spray the bottom and sides of your pan with olive oil
Evenly line the bottom of the pan with julianbakery paleo bread made with coconut flour
Spread out vegetable mixture over the bread
Sprinkle sliced mushrooms over the vegetable mixture
Pour the eggs into the pan
Sprinkle paprika on top of the casserole
Bake for 50 minutes or until brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean


I love all these fresh vegetables!  You can leave them chunky, but I like the texture better when they are minced up.  I buy my paleo bread at Natures Garden.  I LOVE having paleo bread readily available.  It is really good with almond butter and honey!


After the casserole is done cooking, separate individual sized portions out for the week.  Place each portion in it's own grab and go plastic bag.  Keep refrigerated.  When you are ready for breakfast, pull one out and microwave on a plate for 1 minute. 
*Makes 10-12 individual portions depending on the size (we make pretty large sized portions)
ENJOY! 

1 comment:

  1. Grab and go breakfasts are a great idea! I love anything with mushrooms and spinach. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your lovely comments and will answer any questions you have!