Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Paleo Pineapple Upside Down Cake



Teacher appreciation week was last week and I am so blessed to have a group of students and parents who show appreciation throughout the year with their kind words and gifts.  They are also so considerate of my different dietary needs.  Each day, the parents sent in a different treat. Bring your teacher's favorite candy bar, flowers, Starbucks gift card, etc.  Since I can't have candy bars, parents sent in Larabars, bananas, and I even had one parent send in a huge, beautiful pineapple!  The pineapple screamed "PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE!!"  So of course, I HAD to attempt it!  I have to be honest, I have never made a pineapple upside down cake before.  It turned out AMAZING!  Chet and I probably could have devoured the entire cake but we decided to take some samples into school for people to try.  Everyone thought it was delicious!  


Paleo Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Cake Ingredients:
coconut oil
coconut palm sugar
eggs
coconut flour
baking soda
salt
unsweetened original almond milk (or coconut milk)
 honey

Topping Ingredients:
Fresh pineapple
coconut palm sugar
honey

If you live in the League City, Texas are and are interested in ordering Paleo cupcakes, please contact me at...
www.facebook.com/littleekitchen
littleekitchenemail@gmail.com










littleekitchenemail@gmail.com

4 comments:

I appreciate all of your lovely comments and will answer any questions you have!